Saturday, September 17, 2016

#Bucketlist 1 -Taking Scuba Diving License Part 1

HEY Y'ALL!

I've been dreaming to do scuba diving license since I fell in love with the crystal clear and blue water of Pulau Perhentian back at 2013 when I went there for snorkeling.



I never went snorkeling before that. I couldnt even swim at that moment. Then, the second I submerged my head in the water gash the view under the sea was beyond my imagination. It was so pretty, it's like there was another world living under the sea. And at that time, I only thought 'I wish I could swim with them, be really close to them'. 'Them' refers to the fishes and coral reefs.

But my movements were very limited at that time. You know, not being able to swim totally sucked. Because I keep swinging my legs like I've seen people swam, but I wasnt moving much, maybe few centimetre away from my original place. Useless Athe. But overall that snorkeling trip really had opened my eyes to one new thing. When I was lepaking at my chalet, I could see some boats carrying tanks, and there were few people wearing black suits on the boats. They were getting ready for scuba diving trips, and I thought oh my they looked so cool!  I will definitely do that in future, I thought.

After the Pulau getaway, I went home and told my parents 'I wanna learn swimming because I fell in love with water'. My mom must thought 'ingatkan jatuh hati dengan budak pulau'. Yeah..then, I really took swimming lessons at few places starting from private lessons at USM pulau pinang (waktu cuti sem), then at swimming pool of Kompleks Sekolah Kota Bharu and finally at Perdana Resort. Learning to swim was my first step to familiar myself with water. Before this I was scared of deep water and every time pergi kolam renang kat hotel mesti main-main air tepi-tepi je (malu kat oghang la haha).To really get the correct techniques of swimming, it needs practices. Lots and lots of them. Because I love swimming so much, I took it as one of my fav new hobby and I keep going to swimming pool to enjoy swimming (and diving) and attended varies classes just to improve my techniques.

I am far from pro-swimmer, but at least right now I can do freestyles, backstrokes, breast strokes and floating in the water. No longer am scared of the deep water. Yuhuuu!! I tell ya before, taking scuba diving license has been my dream for years. Until recently I kept delaying myself from doing it because of many reasons (takde orang temanlah, musim tengkujuh lah, tunggu kawanlah).

This early August, I finally got the nerves to actually did it.

...........................to be continue to #Bucketlist 1 -Taking Scuba Diving License Part 2

Truly,
Athirah
(Future Diver)

No comments: